George Berg is an experienced Workers’ Compensation and Social Security Disability attorney who has spent more than 40 years helping residents throughout the Greater Lehigh Valley and beyond who were injured at work or disabled. He is dedicated to defending the rights of local injured workers in Whitehall, Bethlehem, Lehigh, Northampton and Monroe Counties.
George earned his undergraduate degree in Education from Kutztown University in 1971. Following college, George channeled his passion for education by teaching, for several years, in the Upper Perkiomen School District. In 1977, he began practicing law in Whitehall, PA, after graduating from Temple University School of Law (now Temple University Beasley School of Law).
Eventually, George focused his legal practice on Workers’ Compensation and Social Security Disability law and has worked tirelessly to defend the rights of Pennsylvania workers and union members hurt on the job for more than 40 years. As one of the Lehigh Valley’s most experienced Workers’ Compensation and Social Security Disability attorneys, George served as the Chairman of the Lehigh County Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Committee for 12 years. In addition, local attorneys recognize George’s expertise and skill, and voted him a “Select Attorney” in the areas of Workers’ Compensation and Social Security Disability law. George uses his 40 years of experience and skill to help countless clients secure the benefits they deserve after getting injured on the job or becoming disabled.
Outside of his law practice George is a big family man, spending as much time as possible with his daughters and grandchildren. When he isn’t cheering on his grandkids at one of their sporting, academic, or musical events, George loves patronizing local small businesses, as well as attending area music festivals and carnivals.
Temple University School of Law, , J.D., 1977
Kutztown University, B.S., 1971
West Chester University, West Chester, Pennsylvania
Major: Graduate Studies: Permanent Teacher Certification
Institut De Iberoamericano, Saltillo - 1967
Major: Summer Program in Spanish
Furnished Upon Request
- Small Business Basics I, Lehigh County Community College Chamber of Commerce
- 1999 - Present - Multiple W.C. Seminars, W.C. Community Lehigh County
- American Jurisprudence Award for Criminal Law
- Special Recognition in Civil Trial Advocacy
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Lehigh Country Bar Association, Member
- Worker's Compensation Committee of Lehigh County, Former Chairman, for 12 years
- Lehigh County Lawyer Referral Service, Committee Member
- Lehigh County Community College, Adjunct Faculty Member
- American Institute for Paralegal Studies, Assistant State Director
- Lehigh County Community College and the Chamber of Commerce, Instructor
- WC Section of the PA Bar Association, Long standing Member
TICOR Insurance Company
Title Insurance Agent
1980 - 1984 - Lehigh County Community College
1978 - 1983 - Lower Macungie Township Legal Counsel
1977 - 1982 - Law Offices of Paul M. Eyster,
1976 - 1977 - Law Offices of Paul M. Eyster
Clerk, While Attending Law School
1971 - 1976 Upper Perkiomen School District
Karoly & Karoly, P.C.