Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning, Estate Litigation & Guardianships
When thinking about planning or settling an estate, you may have no idea where to start. Our estate planning attorneys will help you from the beginning. Together, we can create a plan specific to you and your family. A plan that will cover your entire family no matter what life sends your way.
Here are just a few things our lawyers will review with you when planning your estate:
- Probate - Probate is a term used to describe the process the court uses in settling the deceased’s estate. The time it takes to complete the estate distribution and the associated fees will vary by state.
- A Will – This is a guide to your final wishes for the courts and executor of your estate. It will determine who gets what after you have passed away.
- Beneficiaries of Financial Assets – Having someone named as a beneficiary on financial accounts such as: 401K plans, investments, life insurance policies and bank accounts will ensure your assets are designated to the correct people upon your passing.
- Power of Attorney – There are two types of Powers of Attorneys to consider. The first is a Financial Power of Attorney and the second is a Medical Power of Attorney. A Financial POA is the person who will be responsible for all financial decisions if you are no longer able to make decisions for yourself or have passed away. A Medical POA will be responsible for your medical care and decisions if you are physically incapacitated. A Medical POA will advise your medical care team of your wishes, so that doctors are not the only ones making the decisions.
- Advanced Healthcare Directive “Living Wills” – this is a document that advises your medical care team, and family, about your wishes for medical treatment in the event you are unable to communicate these instructions.
- When you want an experienced attorney who will get to know you and your wishes, you want Emil Giordano and our team of local attorneys. We will take the time necessary to make sure every detail is thought of, discussed and planned out. Your family should only be worried about taking care of you, or in the event of your untimely passing, grieving you.
Our firm's estate planning practice includes:
- Simple and complex wills
- Living wills
- Powers of attorney
- Business succession planning
- Other estate planning
We Are Here When You Need Us
Call us at (610) 490-8877 to set up an appointment with our attorneys to start planning your estate. We are here to create and execute the estate plan when the time comes. We have offices in the Lehigh Valley and Monroe Country to make sure we are always accessible when you need us.