The Most Common Workplace Injuries
Injuries can occur in any type of working environment. Some of the most common work injuries happen in warehouses, healthcare facilities, and/or employees who travel for work, such as sales representatives, nurses or therapists.
Each year thousands of people in Pennsylvania are injured at work because of falling objects, falls from elevated equipment or structures, or by factory equipment. Injuries can range from broken limbs, to severe brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, electrocution or even death.
Some other common types of workplace injuries include:
- Overexertion, including excessive lifting, pushing, pulling, holding, carrying and throwing.
- Slip and falls.
- Bodily reaction injuries, including injuries caused by bending, reaching, climbing, standing, sitting, slipping or tripping without falling.
- Being struck by an object.
- Being forced against an object.
- Repetitive-motion injuries, which are injuries that result from repeated stress or strain on the body.
- Car accidents.
- Being caught by or compressed in a machine or otherwise.
- Assault or workplace violence.
Hire a Certified Workers' Compensation Attorney
Regardless of how the injury occurred, you want an experienced team of work-related accident attorneys on your side; it can make a huge difference in your fight to receive benefits. If you or anyone you know has been injured at work, a dedicated attorney from Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo will review your case and help you file a claim. Call us today at (610) 490-8877 and an attorney from one of our three local offices in Bethlehem, Whitehall or Stroudsburg, will work with you to get you the compensation you deserve.