Bus Accident Attorneys
Bus Accident Attorneys
A bus accident can be even more complicated and deadly than other kinds of roadway accidents. The top causes of bus accidents include:
- Operator error
- Passenger vehicle driver errors
- Dangerous road hazards
- Bus design and manufacturing defects
- Negligent maintenance and servicing of the bus
- Negligent training and supervision of bus driver
- Substance abuse
- Other acts of negligence
We hold bus companies accountable
Bus companies do not always follow the monitoring and regulations required by law. This negligence has catastrophic effects on road safety for all drivers, pedestrians, and cyclists.
Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo will hold accountable any potentially liable parties including:
- Bus driver and their employers
- Bus and bus parts manufacturers
- A drunk driver
- Reckless passengers
- Bars, social hosts, clubs and restaurants that serve intoxicated drivers
- Local governments who fail to provide safe intersections and streets
Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo fights for a maximum settlement
Over more than five decades of combined experience in motor vehicle accident cases, we have won many significant awards and settlements for our clients. In the past five years alone, we have recovered more than $120 million for our clients.
Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo protects victims of bus accidents
We guide our clients through the confusion that arises after an accident, addressing medical, insurance, and financial issues, and pursuing a legal case so each client obtains the compensation they deserve.
Victims of a bus accident and their families may be entitled to compensation for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
- Embarrassment and humiliation
- Physical impairment
- Physical disfigurement
- Wrongful death damages to surviving family members
Contact an attorney immediately
Bus accidents can have a devastating impact on anyone who is injured as well as their families. After an accident, you need to act quickly to protect your rights. You should take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention for all injuries, large or small.
- Think before speaking.
- Call police.
- Take photos of the scene and any damage to all vehicles.
- Write down the name of all companies whose logos are on the bus.
- Take photos of your visible injuries.
- Get contact information for any witnesses.
- Write down details about the accident and what happened.
- Look for and identify surveillance cameras on the bus and note their location.
- Look for, identify and document any surveillance cameras in the vicinity of the crash.
- Contact an experienced attorney immediately.
- Do not provide any details or sign any documents from an insurance company before consulting an attorney.
Bus accident cases need experienced attorneys
Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo represents our clients from the beginning, fighting all the way through a jury trial if necessary.
Some resources we use when preparing for trial are:
- The use of an expert to perform crash reconstruction
- Work in conjunction with local law enforcement officers and investigators
- The use of forensic data to prove that a violation occurred
- The use of safety data for the bus company
- The use of bus surveillance camera footage
We obtain Relief
Over our more than 50 years of combined experience, we have recovered thousands of awards and settlements for our motor vehicle accident clients, including numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements.
Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo cares
Our firm dedicates itself to representing those involved in bus accidents because families’ worlds are often changed forever by these events. We help put a family’s life back together as best we can.
Bus companies often have large legal teams on their side; we are proud to provide the same level of service to individuals and their families.
Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo offers free consultations to individuals who have been injured in a bus accident.
What Our Clients Have To Say
This was my first time working with lawyers for a case and they were awesome. They always kept me in the loop and they explained everything very clearly. Very trustworthy and would recommend to anyone.
I am very, very thankful for everything that was done. And I am thankful for them getting matters settled for us quickly. I would recommend the firm to others.
I cannot begin to express my gratitude for the care provided to me by Mr. Mark Altemose and Mimi Zancofsky. When I was seriously injured in an auto accident, everyday was a struggle. But, I had to worry about nothing other than my treatment and recovery while they managed every detail about my claim. Mark is very confident, professional, smart and responsive–thinking 100 steps ahead. Thank you so much, Mark Altemose, for being an exceptional lawyer. Mimi Zancofsky was awesome, she went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of, she kept me updated and walked me through all all the steps for my case. You’ve been an incredible help with my case. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS LAW OFFICE.