Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Pedestrian safety affects every person in our society, as everyone is sometimes a pedestrian.
A few steps we all can take to improve our safety as pedestrians include:
- Increase your visibility at night by carrying a flashlight and wearing reflective clothing.
- Cross streets at a designated crosswalk or intersection whenever possible.
- Walk on a sidewalk or path instead of the road. Walk on the shoulder and facing traffic if a sidewalk or path is not available.
- Avoid using electronic devices like earbuds, especially if you have been using alcohol or drugs.
In spite of all precautions, accidents still happen, even, tragically, accidents where pedestrians are seriously injured or killed.
In the event of an accident, Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo will hold accountable any potentially liable parties including:
- A driver who failed to follow the traffic rules
- An inattentive driver, including someone texting or talking on the phone while driving
- A drunk driver
- Car and car parts manufacturers
- Bars, social hosts, clubs and restaurants that serve intoxicated drivers
- Local governments who fail to provide safe intersections and streets
Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo protects victims of pedestrian accidents
We Obtain Relief
With our vast experience, we guide clients through the medical, insurance, and financial minefields after a pedestrian accident, and pursue a legal case so they obtain the compensation they deserve.
Victims of a pedestrian accident may be entitled to compensation for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
- Embarrassment and humiliation
- Physical impairment
- Physical disfigurement
- Wrongful death damages to surviving family members
Documenting the incident
After an accident, to the extent possible, take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention for all injuries, large or small.
- Think before speaking.
- Call police.
- Take photos of the scene and any damage to all vehicles.
- Take photos of your visible injuries.
- Find someone who witnessed the accident.
- Get contact information for any witnesses.
- Write down details about the accident and what happened.
- Contact an experienced attorney immediately.
- Look for, identify and document any dash cams in the vehicle.
- Look for, identify and document any surveillance cameras in the vicinity of the crash.
- Do not provide any details or sign any documents to an insurance company before consulting an attorney.
Pedestrian accident cases need experienced attorneys
Over our more than 50 years of combined experience, we have recovered thousands of awards and settlements for our motor vehicle accident clients, including numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for our clients who have been seriously injured or lost loved ones in a car, motorcycle or trucking accident.
Our firm is experienced in handling these cases from the very beginning all the way through jury trial where we are prepared to present and win your case with accident reconstructionists, economists, doctors and other experts.
We fight for a maximum settlement to compensate our clients for all aspects of their injuries.
Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo offers free consultations to individuals who have been injured in a pedestrian accident. We pride ourselves on fighting for each client’s rights, handling each case with dedication and care.
What Our Clients Have To Say
I cannot begin to express my gratitude for the care provided to me by Mr. Mark Altemose and Mimi Zancofsky. When I was seriously injured in an auto accident, everyday was a struggle. But, I had to worry about nothing other than my treatment and recovery while they managed every detail about my claim. Mark is very confident, professional, smart and responsive–thinking 100 steps ahead. Thank you so much, Mark Altemose, for being an exceptional lawyer. Mimi Zancofsky was awesome, she went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of, she kept me updated and walked me through all all the steps for my case. You’ve been an incredible help with my case. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS LAW OFFICE.
Mike McKarski handled my case, and it was not easy. I am not always easy to deal with. But Mike was very sure of himself and the case that he built. I had complete trust and confidence in him. He informed me every step of the process. He was there for me whenever I needed to speak to him. No matter the time of day or issue he was always responsive. Mike actually cares about the client above everything else. I will always be grateful for the work and effort put in and for the kindness and caring. Truly thankful.
This was my first time working with lawyers for a case and they were awesome. They always kept me in the loop and they explained everything very clearly. Very trustworthy and would recommend to anyone.
Will Rambo and his paralegal, Jenna Landis, were absolutely wonderful to work with following a car accident. They always kept me up-to-date with the case, and kindly answered my questions. I’m so grateful for all that they’ve done, and I cannot recommend them enough! Hopefully I won’t be needing their services in the future, but if I do I know I’ll be choosing them to represent me again.