Get to Know Alexis Berg-Townsend
1. Current Role:
2. How long have you worked at Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo?
I have been with the firm 6 years.
3. What is it like to work at Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo?
Working with the firm is like being part of a team who has the drive and desire to win a championship.
4. Why did you decide to become a lawyer?
I wanted to follow in the footsteps of my father. My father has always been a role model, mentor and supporter of me. I often went to work with him as a child and teenager and was just amazed at his abilities, how he was able to analyze and apply the law and, most importantly, how he could help people.
5. Who is/was your mentor? What was the greatest lesson you learned from him/her?
My father. He taught me early on to never react on emotion, always allow your opponent to speak, and one of the best traits of a lawyer is a lawyer who can listen.
6. How did you choose your area of practice?
I had the fortunate opportunity to begin my law career with my father in his practice. My father, prior to his retirement, dedicated his practice to helping injured workers and individuals with disabilities applying for Social Security Disability.
7. What’s one thing - either industry related or not - that you learned this month?
"The greatest weapon against stress is one’s ability to choose one thought over another…” –William James.
8. What motivates you to work hard?
The smile on my client’s face when they say thank you. Many of my clients are battling both pain and a very difficult time financially. Also, my son. I want him to look at me the way I looked at my parents and learn from me the way I learned from my parents who taught me many of my values and beliefs that I have today.
9. What do you like to do outside of the office?
I love spending time with my family. My husband, son and I love the outdoors, watching sports and playing sports. Some of our greatest memories are walking or biking on the trails here in the Lehigh Valley or jumping on the trampoline, seeing who can get the highest.
10. Name one fun fact about you that would surprise others?
I was the head softball coach for Whitehall High School for 10 years while practicing law and raising my then newborn and toddler.
11. Where is your favorite place you have visited?
My favorite place to visit is Sarasota Florida and Siesta Key, Florida.
12. What one piece of advice would you give to woman lawyers starting out today?
There is a favorite quote that I try to live by and practice law around…“Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable and remove yourself from the unacceptable.” – Denis Waitley