Boating Accident Attorneys
Boating Accident Attorneys
Boating is a popular leisure activity, with almost 12 million registered recreational vessels in the United States.
In spite of safety precautions, boating accidents still happen. According to the U.S. Coast Guard, the top causes of boating accidents include:
- Running out of gas
- Running aground
- Falling overboard
- Catching fire
- Mechanical failure of the boat
- Defects in design and manufacture of the boat
- Lacking proper safety gear
- Ignoring weather
- Failing to maintain a lookout
- Lack of proper illumination at night
Boating accidents can be serious
A boating accident can change the life of an individual or family overnight.
Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo will hold accountable any potentially liable parties in a boating accident including:
- A boat driver who failed to follow maritime law
- An intoxicated boat driver
- Commercial boat drivers and their employers
- Boat and boat parts manufacturers
We Obtain Relief
Over our more than 50 years of combined experience, we have recovered thousands of awards and settlements for our accident clients. With our vast experience, we guide clients through the medical, insurance, and financial minefields after a boating accident, and pursue a legal case so they obtain the compensation they deserve.
Victims of a boating accident may be entitled to compensation for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
- Embarrassment and humiliation
- Physical impairment
- Physical disfigurement
- Wrongful death damages to surviving family members
Documenting the incident
After an accident, the people involved could be injured, upset, and disorientated. To the extent possible under the circumstances, take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention for all injuries, large or small.
- Think before speaking.
- Call the coast guard and the local police.
- Take photos of the scene and any damage to all boats.
- Take photos of your visible injuries.
- Find someone who witnessed the accident.
- Get contact information for any witnesses.
- Write down details about the accident and what happened.
- Contact an experienced attorney immediately.
- Report the accident to your insurance company but do not provide any details or sign any documents before consulting an attorney.
Boating accident cases need experienced attorneys
We are experienced in handling these cases from the very beginning all the way through jury trial where we are prepared to present and win your case with accident reconstructionists, economists, doctors and other experts.
We fight for a maximum settlement to compensate our clients for all aspects of their injuries.
Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo offers free consultations to individuals who have been injured in a boating accident. We pride ourselves on fighting for each client’s rights, handling each case with dedication and care.
What Our Clients Have To Say
Very professional, made us feel relaxed & comfortable. Treated us with respect and fought hard for what we deserved. Highly recommended!
Will Rambo and his paralegal, Jenna Landis, were absolutely wonderful to work with following a car accident. They always kept me up-to-date with the case, and kindly answered my questions. I’m so grateful for all that they’ve done, and I cannot recommend them enough! Hopefully I won’t be needing their services in the future, but if I do I know I’ll be choosing them to represent me again.
I am very, very thankful for everything that was done. And I am thankful for them getting matters settled for us quickly. I would recommend the firm to others.