Truck Accident Attorneys
84% of Truck Accident Deaths are Not Truck Occupants
Truck Accident Attorneys
Trucking accidents impact our society
Too often, trucking accidents cause death or catastrophic injuries.
Most people killed in truck accidents are occupants of passenger vehicles, pedestrians, bicyclists, and motorcyclists. Of all the deaths in large truck crashes in 2018, only 16% of fatalities were truck occupants.
Some common causes of trucking accidents include:
- The weight difference between trucks and other vehicles
- The taller ground clearance of trucks
- Truck braking capability
- Truck driver fatigue
- Drivers operating trucks under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Faulty equipment
- Improper loading of cargo
- Trucking companies failing to provide proper training to truck drivers
- Trucking companies hiring drivers without proper qualifications and experience
- Trucking companies putting profits ahead of safety
- Design and manufacturing defects of the trucks
We hold trucking companies accountable
Trucking companies do not always follow the monitoring and regulations required by law. This negligence has catastrophic effects on road safety for all drivers, pedestrians, and cyclists.
Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo will hold accountable any party who caused the accident, including:
- Trucking companies
- Manufacturers of trucks and defective parts
- Negligent commercial truck drivers
We Obtain Relief
Over more than five decades of combined experience in motor vehicle accident cases, we have won many significant awards and settlements for our clients, including:
Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo protects victims of trucking accidents
We guide our clients through the confusion that arises after an accident, addressing medical, insurance, and financial issues, and pursuing a legal case so each client obtains the compensation they deserve.
Victims of a trucking accident and their families may be entitled to compensation for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
- Embarrassment and humiliation
- Physical impairment
- Physical disfigurement
Contact an attorney immediately
Trucking accidents can have a devastating impact on anyone who is injured as well as their families. After an accident, you need to act quickly to protect your rights. You should take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention for all injuries, large or small.
- Think before speaking.
- Call police.
- Take photos of the scene and any damage to all vehicles.
- Write down the name of all companies whose logos are on the truck or trailer.
- Take photos of your visible injuries.
- Find someone who witnessed the accident.
- Get contact information for any witnesses.
- Write down details about the accident and what happened.
- Contact an experienced attorney immediately.
- Report the accident to your insurance company but do not provide any details or sign any documents before consulting an attorney.
Trucking accident cases need experienced attorneys
Over our more than 50 years of combined experience, we have recovered many thousands of awards and settlements for our motor vehicle accident clients, including numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for our clients who have been seriously injured or lost loved ones in a car, motorcycle or trucking accident.
Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo represents our clients from the beginning, fighting all the way through a jury trial if necessary.
Some resources we use when preparing for trial are:
- The use of an expert to perform crash reconstruction
- Preservation of the Black Box data
- Work in conjunction with local law enforcement officers and investigators
- The use of forensic data to prove that a violation occurred
- The use of safety data for the trucking company
Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo cares
Our firm dedicates itself to representing those involved in trucking accidents because families’ worlds are often changed forever by these events. We help put a family’s life back together as best we can.
The commercial trucking industry often has large legal teams on their side; we are proud to provide the same level of service to individuals and their families.
Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo offers free consultations to individuals who have been injured in a trucking accident.
What Our Clients Have To Say
I cannot begin to express my gratitude for the care provided to me by Mr. Mark Altemose and Mimi Zancofsky. When I was seriously injured in an auto accident, everyday was a struggle. But, I had to worry about nothing other than my treatment and recovery while they managed every detail about my claim. Mark is very confident, professional, smart and responsive–thinking 100 steps ahead. Thank you so much, Mark Altemose, for being an exceptional lawyer. Mimi Zancofsky was awesome, she went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of, she kept me updated and walked me through all all the steps for my case. You’ve been an incredible help with my case. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS LAW OFFICE.
Will Rambo and his paralegal, Jenna Landis, were absolutely wonderful to work with following a car accident. They always kept me up-to-date with the case, and kindly answered my questions. I’m so grateful for all that they’ve done, and I cannot recommend them enough! Hopefully I won’t be needing their services in the future, but if I do I know I’ll be choosing them to represent me again.
On the basis of Mark Altemose’s handling of my personal injury case, I give him my highest recommendation. You simply can’t do better. I was involved in a bicycle accident in a section of the road undergoing construction. My case was complicated for many reasons, and because of the strength of the case that Mark established, the insurance company settled for a monetary amount very close to what Mark predicted. A couple of other reasons for recommending Mark: 1) Mark pursued every possible direction to obtain information providing me with the best likelihood of a positive outcome. 2) Mark could recall extensive knowledge of my case without notes, including a better knowledge of my past medical history than I had. I have no doubt he would have been an incredible trial lawyer if the need had arisen. 3) He, in fact, has won awards from his professional associations for his professional accomplishments; and also “gives back” by serving his professional organizations in a variety of official capacities and by mentoring up-and-coming younger lawyers. He clearly is a leader in his field. 4) It was obvious to me that Mark also has the highest ethical standards.