Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
When drivers of motor vehicles fail to see or keep a safe distance from bicycles, collisions occur.
Too often in these accidents the injuries to the cyclist are severe and last a lifetime.
Pennsylvania law requires that bikes may be ridden:
- On the shoulder of the road in the same direction as the flow of traffic
- In the right lane of a two-lane road
- In the furthest right lane of a multi-lane road, or
- On the right side of the road if there is no center line.
“Dooring” occurs when the driver or occupant of a stopped or parked motor vehicle suddenly opens the door into the bicyclist or the bicyclist’s path of travel. The cyclist cannot avoid a collision and may be injured or killed.
Other accidents occur when the driver of a motor vehicle does not see the bike, turns into the immediate path of the bike, or drives too close to the bicycle on the roadway.
Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo protects victims of bicycle accidents
In the event of a bicycle accident, Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo will hold accountable all responsible parties including:
- A driver who failed to follow the traffic rules
- An inattentive driver, including someone texting or talking on the phone while driving
- A drunk driver
- Car and car parts manufacturers
- Bars, social hosts, clubs and restaurants that serve intoxicated drivers
- Local governments who fail to provide safe intersections and streets
We Obtain Relief
With our vast experience, we guide clients through the medical, insurance, and financial minefields after a bicycle accident, and pursue a legal case so they obtain the compensation they deserve.
Victims of a bicycle accident may be entitled to compensation for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
- Embarrassment and humiliation
- Physical impairment
- Physical disfigurement
- Wrongful death damages to surviving family members
- The value of the bike that has been destroyed (many of our past bicycle accident clients have been avid bikers whose equipment, including the bicycle, is quite valuable)
Documenting the incident
After a bicycle accident, to the extent possible, take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention for all injuries, large or small.
- Think before speaking.
- Call police.
- Take photos of the scene and any damage to the bicycle and all vehicles.
- Preserve your bicycle and equipment.
- Take photos of your visible injuries.
- Take names and contact information for anyone who witnessed the accident.
- Look for, identify and document any dash cams in the vehicle that hit you.
- Identify and maintain any apps or programs you use that will reflect your location and operation of the bike that day.
- Look for, identify and document any surveillance cameras in the vicinity of the crash.
- Do not provide any details or sign any documents to an insurance company before consulting an attorney.
- Contact an experienced attorney immediately.
Bicycle accident cases need experienced attorneys
Over our more than 50 years of combined experience, we have recovered thousands of awards and settlements for our clients, including numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for clients who have been seriously injured or lost loved ones in a car, bicycle, motorcycle or trucking accident.
Our firm is experienced in handling these cases from the very beginning all the way through jury trial where we are prepared to present and win your case with accident reconstructionists, bicycle experts, economists, doctors and other experts.
We fight for a maximum settlement to compensate our clients for all aspects of their injuries.
Cohen, Feeley, Altemose & Rambo offers free consultations to individuals who have been injured in a bicycle accident. We pride ourselves on fighting for each client’s rights, handling each case with dedication and care.
What Our Clients Have To Say
Mike McKarski handled my case, and it was not easy. I am not always easy to deal with. But Mike was very sure of himself and the case that he built. I had complete trust and confidence in him. He informed me every step of the process. He was there for me whenever I needed to speak to him. No matter the time of day or issue he was always responsive. Mike actually cares about the client above everything else. I will always be grateful for the work and effort put in and for the kindness and caring. Truly thankful.
On the basis of Mark Altemose’s handling of my personal injury case, I give him my highest recommendation. You simply can’t do better. I was involved in a bicycle accident in a section of the road undergoing construction. My case was complicated for many reasons, and because of the strength of the case that Mark established, the insurance company settled for a monetary amount very close to what Mark predicted. A couple of other reasons for recommending Mark: 1) Mark pursued every possible direction to obtain information providing me with the best likelihood of a positive outcome. 2) Mark could recall extensive knowledge of my case without notes, including a better knowledge of my past medical history than I had. I have no doubt he would have been an incredible trial lawyer if the need had arisen. 3) He, in fact, has won awards from his professional associations for his professional accomplishments; and also “gives back” by serving his professional organizations in a variety of official capacities and by mentoring up-and-coming younger lawyers. He clearly is a leader in his field. 4) It was obvious to me that Mark also has the highest ethical standards.
This was my first time working with lawyers for a case and they were awesome. They always kept me in the loop and they explained everything very clearly. Very trustworthy and would recommend to anyone.
I cannot begin to express my gratitude for the level of care provided to me by Mr. Altemose and Mrs. Zancofsky. My case was long and daunting but Mr. Altemose was incredibly thorough and extremely knowledgeable in personal injury law. Mrs. Zancofsky kept me updated and walked me through all the steps necessary for my case. I would highly recommend Mr. Altemose and his team to anyone in need of a personal injury lawyer.